Meetings Net is part of the Informa Connect Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC’s registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Sue Hatch | Jun 28, 2022
• Tampa, Fla.-based eventPower, which offers cloud-based software tools for running virtual and hybrid events, as well as managing speakers, registration, matchmaking, sponsorship sales, and other elements of event planning process, has earned a key data-security designation. In mid-June, it announced receipt of the System and Organization Control (SOC 2) certification from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, indicating high standards for managing customer data
• Blackthorn, which offers an event-management platform in the Salesforce ecosystem, has announced $16 million in new debt and equity financing. The company plans to use the investment to expand its platform functionality and to bring new Salesforce-aligned apps to market. In addition to Blackthorn Events, which the company says is the highest-rated events app on the Salesforce AppExchange, Blackthorn also offers Salesforce-aligned apps for payments, messaging, and compliance
• Venue Directory, a sourcing and booking tool for meeting, incentive, and convention venues in the U.K. and Europe, was acquired by event-technology company Cvent in early June. The online directory serves a similar function as the Cvent Supplier Network, a free venue-sourcing platform where meeting professionals can find event locations that fit their criteria. Venue Directory will operate as a stand-alone business unit.
• Hopin’s video-streaming platform StreamYard, acquired in early 2021, has launched a new feature called StreamYard Greenroom. Similar to an in-person “green room,” StreamYard Greenroom is an online waiting room for speakers, distinct from the studio area of the platform. Hosts and producers can place a video call to guests in the waiting area to check their camera, lighting, and sound; run through slides; and ensure they’re comfortable before making their appearance.
• In early June, MeetingPlay + Aventri announced the acquisition of Eventcore, a Seattle-based company that provides customized event-registration tools. Eventcore has shown its strength with complex registration needs, as the provider for the all-digital CES 2021 as well as for large organizations such as Microsoft. In 2021, Eventcore received its ISO 27001 certification, an international standard for securely managing information.
More information about text formats